Welcome! Silicon Brighton is an inclusive and welcoming community, passionate about all things tech.
- Be welcoming.
- Be respectful.
- Look out for each other.
We value the participation of everyone in the community and want all members to have an enjoyable and fulfilling experience. Accordingly, all members are expected to show respect and courtesy to others in the community and adhere to the code of conduct outlined below, which will be enforced throughout the space.
- Diversity and inclusion make our community strong. We encourage participation from the most varied and diverse backgrounds possible and want to be very clear about where we stand.
- Our goal is to maintain a safe, helpful and friendly community for everyone, regardless of experience, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, personal appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, age, religion, nationality, or other defining characteristic.
- This code and related procedures apply to unacceptable behaviour occurring in all community venues, including behaviour outside the scope of community activities — online and in-person— as well as in all one-on-one communications, and anywhere such behaviour has the potential to adversely affect the safety and well-being of community members.
Silicon Brighton is dedicated to providing a positive experience for everyone, regardless of age, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, ethnicity, nationality, race, or religion (or lack thereof), education, or socio-economic status.
Examples of behaviour that contributes to creating a positive environment include:
- Being kind to others
- Behaving professionally
- Using welcoming and inclusive language
- Being respectful of differing viewpoints and experiences
- Gracefully accepting constructive criticism
- Empathy towards other community members
Examples of unacceptable behaviour by participants include:
- Harassment of community participants in any form
- Violent threats or language directed against another person
- Sexual language and imagery
- Insults or put downs
- Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or exclusionary jokes
- Excessive swearing
- Unwelcome sexual attention or advances
- Sustained disruptions
- Other conduct that is inappropriate for a professional audience including people of many different backgrounds.
- Understand that speech and actions have consequences, and unacceptable behaviour will not be tolerated.
- If you are the subject of, or witness to any violations of this Code of Conduct, please message the community moderators at – @Grace Prior, @Alexandra Cella, or via email at: email@example.com.
- If violations occur, moderators will take any action they deem appropriate for the infraction, up to and including expulsion.
Thank you for helping make this a welcoming, friendly space for all.